The general objective of the project is the promotion of natural and cultural wealth as a potential for sustainable tourism development, as well as the contribution to the sustainability of its heritage.
With the development of the activities in the intervention area, it is intended to integrate tourist activities with conservation actions of natural and heritage resources, so that they can generate economic resources, development and job creation, and thus contribute to the permanence of the population of the area.
- Promote in space, joint actions to protect, conserve and enhance the environment and natural resources.
– Management and recovery of natural spaces around the cultural heritage (railway stations and Santa Luzia funicular).
- Promotion of tourism products in the cross-border area based on environmental, heritage and cultural resources.
– Consolidate cross-border spaces as quality tourist destinations, guaranteeing the sustainability of cultural and natural heritage.
– Know, defend and recover the ecological balance and the conservation of cultural heritage (former Santa Luzia railway and funicular stations).
– Creation of a railway tourist package in two countries.
1. RECOVERY AND VALUATION OF THE ENVIRONMENT.
- Elaboration of an Inventory of Resources of the area of action.
- Creation of Thematic Spaces.
2. CREATION AND PROMOTION OF THE NETWORK OF OLD RAILWAY STATIONS.
- Revitalization of the network. Interconnection with the LIC,s. Biosphere Reserves and Natural Parks.
-Creation of joint Tourist Products.
-Product image design.