The Ourense Institute of Economic Development - Inorde, is a local administrative body, which depends on the Provincial Council of Ourense, created in 1987.
Its objective is the economic development of the province of Ourense, taking into account the environmental and social aspects that contribute to the sustainable development of the entire province.
INORDE develops the following activities
- EU Projects: Since its creation, Inorde has actively participated in EU programs and actions, using structural funds for strategic projects in Ourense, international, interregional and cross-border cooperation with member states for the exchange of experiences.
- INORDE has been leader and partner in 35 European projects carried out in the Interreg III A (cross-border cooperation) and Interreg III B (transnational cooperation) programs in the period 2002-2007. The projects were related to environmental management, tourism, cultural heritage and landscape.
In the period 2007-2013 the Inorde managed as head of row 4 Spain-Portugal cross-border cooperation projects, in addition to being a member of a project of the Interreg IVC program.
- Currently, 4 projects of the Integ V A, Interreg Europe and Life programs are being managed, and 3 multiregional cross-cooperation projects are underway.
- Management of tourism activities. Inorde promoted the creation of a provincial brand and the order of the tourist offer, which has an instrument for its marketing as a website (www.turismourense.com), fairs, sporting events and activities that are both necessary and complementary to the offer of tourist establishments.
- Support on the agricultural, livestock and forestry sector through training, advice and research at the Xinzo de Limia Agricultural Development Center, which has an ENAC-accredited laboratory for soil analysis and the only accredited laboratory in Spain for potato nematode, in collaboration with the main institutes of the EU Member States.
INORDE has managed projects aimed at providing knowledge for the development of new products such as the so-called ecological ones, and at promoting indigenous products, introducing more efficient production, storage and distribution models.
- Programs for the recovery of native breeds: the Inorde owns the fundamental herds, with the aim of ensuring the preservation of the last specimens of each breed and achieve the multiplication of these herds with a health guarantee to distribute them to farmers, Today is considered the main debt deposits of breeds throughout the Galician CCAA (Celtic pig, Galician sheep, Galician goat and pita de Mos).
- Cooperation with business associations, chambers of commerce, provincial business associations and universities in activities that promote the economic development of the province.
- Business revitalization: support for entrepreneurs and businessmen, promotion of local commercial initiatives; Design and coordination of the commercial mission; Search and recruitment of commercial projects for the province of Ourense.
- Completion of studies and analysis. Ourense Economic Observatory.
- Cooperation with Ourense companies for the promotion of local products.
INORDE is part of the Board of Directors and the General Shareholders' Meeting of Parque Tecnológico de Galicia.